We are seeking Senior Interactive Developers who have proven experience developing and supporting web applications utilizing all front-end technologies. Candidates must have experience working in structured environments following Agile methodologies.
React experience required. Thorough understanding of the use of CSS preprocessors (Less, SASS, PostCSS, etc.). Experience w/analytics tools. Nice to have - Python exp.
Candidates will take direction from managers and tech leads while communicating issues, providing estimates, and helping to envision creative solutions to technical issues. Senior Interactive Developers must identify project risks, raise concerns with project leadership, and provide alternatives to handling risks by working with creative, experience, and development team members to identify and resolve issues.
The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with various back-end technologies as well as frameworks and services. Senior Interactive Developers must demonstrate the ability to master new / emerging technologies, stay up-to-date with relevant technologies, and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices. They must also take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions, including leading code reviews and mentoring more junior developers.
The candidate must have consulting experience, be a team player with a positive attitude, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position may require travel.
Required Experience / Skills
- Able to design and implement modules of code, leveraging best practices as examples for junior developers
- Experience implementing production-ready code with ReactJS
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Less, SASS, PostCSS, etc.)
- Experience with templating engines (e.g., Mustache, Handlebars, Pug)
- Thorough understanding of responsive design, browser and device behavior / compatibility, and cross-browser optimization / troubleshooting
- Solid knowledge of the concepts and advantages of using compression and other optimization techniques to improve front-end performance
- Able to develop against common, open APIs (Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of common creational, structural, and behavioral design patterns and programming models
- Familiar with data modeling and the relationship between front-end development and back-end data sources
- Experience implementing a given layout into a functioning interactive design
- Able to help set up and configure a local development environment and build process, including exposure to build systems (e.g., Gulp, Grunt, Webpack) and unit testing
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, performance-tune, and optimize a module of code
- Working knowledge of front-end optimization tools (e.g., YUI or GCC for JS compression) and web server gzip compression
- Familiarity with analytics tools (e.g., integration with Omniture/Optimost/DTM/etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and other graphic-editing tools
- Experience with source code management tools (e.g., Git, Maven)
- Familiar with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
- Able to produce quality design documents acceptable for client consumption
- Ability to document solutions using proven methods (UML, flow charting, ER diagrams)
Nice to Have
- Experience with NodeJS or Python
- Design and conceptual skills
- Experience in implementing custom visualization (data, graphics, animations, etc.)