Our client is seeking Interactive Architects who have proven experience designing, developing and supporting enterprise-class web applications using all available front-end technologies. Candidates must have extensive experience working in structured environments following defined development methodologies—and be able to propose new ones as necessary.
Candidates must have a complete understanding of the overall project, and demonstrate an ability to provide input and direction to team members. The role demands advocacy for a technology stack / solution and influencing the client’s technology leadership (based on recommendations).
Candidates are expected to provide high-quality, well-structured, well-documented code, and communicate effectively with client counterparts, creative leads and other members of the development team. They will mentor junior / mid-level developers by encouraging collaboration, participation and creative thinking.
The ideal candidate must have experience interfacing with various back-end technologies, frameworks and services. Interactive Architects must demonstrate the ability to master new / emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be willing to travel.
Required Experience / Skills
● Robust web portfolio with live examples
● Expert understanding of responsive web design, fluid layouts and positioning
● Expert knowledge of browser behavior and compatibility, cross-browser issues and solutions, and coding for Search Engine Optimization
● Expert understanding of performance, cross browser / cross device development, testing and optimization
● Able to lead efforts to diagnose and troubleshoot issues spanning multiple systems, teams and vendors
● Experience with source-code management tools (e.g., Git, SVN)
● Experience with Scrum or another Agile methodology
● Experience with unit testing and QA / productionalization best practices
● Experience developing sites with a Content Management System (e.g., WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager)
● Experience with templating engines (e.g., Mustache, FreeMarker, Razor, etc.)
Nice to Have
● Experience with NodeJS
● Experience with XML technologies like XSD, XSL, XPATH